Thursday, October 4, 2012

Four Eyes

I sort of always knew she'd end up in glasses. In fact, her opthamologist told us last year it was a strong possibility.

I mean ... her eyes were sort of crossed sometimes. Okay, they flat-out crossed when she was tired.

Seriously, I love this picture. It's one of my favorites of the two of us. We were hanging out on our screened-in porch in the late afternoon while Blair was napping, and it's a perfect snapshot of Paige and her personality. Missing tooth. Crossed eyes. Sometimes I really can't stand how much I love this girl.

So, a few weeks ago we went back to Dr. Roberts (LOVE him, by the way!!), and he said it was finally time. Not only does Paige have an astigmatism in one eye, but the poor kiddo's prescription is +6 in each eye. Meaning, she is SEVERELY far-sighted. Like, might-not-even-be-able-to-see-details-of-her-hand-in-front-of-her-face far-sighted. 

After a two hour appointment (which included dilating her eyes again - an AWESOME experience for those of you who haven't tried it. And if you want an example of sarcasm, see the previous sentence.) it was time to pick out her frames. She marched in, went right up to a specific pair, and never changed her mind. It was meant to be, and her sassy glasses suit to a 't' - and match all of her outfits, which helps. 

I've said if anyone can rock a pair of glasses, it's Paige. I wasn't wrong.

So, so stinking cute. Every time Derrick and I look at her we have to give her a smooch. If it's possible, she's even cuter than she was before. The lenses are so think that they make her little eyes look huge. And I love it.

Our only concern is that she might be channeling The Church Lady. Especially in the morning when her hair is crazy.


Well. Isn't that special?


No comments:

Post a Comment