Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I'm thankful for my friends and family. I'm thankful for my health. I'm thankful I am able to be a Homemaker and stay home with the girls. I'm thankful it's warm enough today that the kids can go outside and burn off some steam before company gets here play for a while. I'm thankful for Chardonnay.

I'm thankful for so very, very much this year.

I'm even thankful for this guy (who let me brush him for 45 minutes this morning - which is actually something I asked Derrick to do last week. Nevertheless, I will still be thankful for my husband, too, today).

Oh, Ramsey. You horribly-behaved dog. You push us to the point of wanting to find you a new home, and then you do things like let Blair and Paige sit on you while they watch TV. Darn you, dog - fine, you get to stay (for now).

I'm NOT thankful that our girls have been up since 4:45 am this morning. At this point (a little before 9:00 am, as I'm writing this), we've had:

3 timeouts (all Paige)
2 breakfasts
2 snacks
1 bloody lip (Blair - and Paige was actually not involved!)
2 Thanksgiving projects
4 cups of coffee
1 Disney movie (Sophia the First)
1 Thanksgiving special (A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving)
1/3 of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
1 short (and much-needed nap) (Blair - her daddy LOVES her napping-style)

Oh, and 1 newly-penned song about Thanksgiving:




I THINK this is about a turkey? Maybe? 

And buying the book 'I Love You, Stinkyface' was the Worst. Decision. Ever. I am NOT thankful for that book. Not even a little bit.

Happy Thanksgiving. Stinkyfaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment