Sunday, July 1, 2012

Thelma & Louise

Oh, what a week, what a week! I have so many updates and stories to post from our fun girls' lake week-turned toddler pissing contest weekend (not literally)-turned crazy storm/hiding in the basement week-turned welcome home three days early week...

Well, you get the point. Basically, I'm promising lots of entertaining posts over the next few days. For now, I was sorting through some pictures to get organized, and ran across these:



Paige test-driving her new Barbie Mustang on Memorial Day weekend. So new, you'll notice, that I haven't even had a chance to put the stickers on yet.

Blair was one of the first passengers, and these pictures conjure up so many feelings for me. I love seeing the two of them together like this - older sister teaching younger sister the ropes. It also makes me sad to see how big they both already seem. Seriously?!?! Wasn't I JUST in labor with Paige??? How did this happen?

Mostly, it instills a gnawing feeling of fear. Notice Blair holding on for dear life in the top photo? Yes, that how it appears ... but she was laughing the entire time. Even through the whiplash-inducing stops and starts typical of a new driver (and I guess even more typical of a toddler driver? Everything about this sentence seems wrong all of a sudden...).

Watching them drive off into the sunset together makes me feel a sense of...how you say?? Um, panic. Lord help us all - the Feldmann girls are getting older, and more independent, each day.

But, at least they were wearing their seat belts. Even if they were only two nylon straps velcro-ed together. So they will be safe as they raise hell together. There's always that, right? RIGHT?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment